Total Pageviews

Tuesday 8 November 2011

Happy thoughts!

I did  8 miles on Sunday - Rich couldn't make it as he had a cold but my Dad stepped in with his trusty mountain bike!  When I trained for the Paris Marathon earlier this year, Dad did all the training with me from the comfort (!) of his bike! He's really fit, my Dad.  He goes to the gym 5 times a week and lives a good, clean healthy life.  I love him to bits and I've got to say he totally inspires me to try harder all the time.  He doesn't put up with any of my nonsense and is always available with his blinkin' bike!  So when I want to skive and lie on the sofa, he's nagging me!  Anyway, last sunday we managed 8 miles.  I'd planned on 10 miles but Dad kept the pace up and I ended up running a lot faster than my usual plod! It took me about 1hr 20 minutes, and the calorie burn was a whopping 960!  Well worth the effort!


My Dad climbing Pen-Y-Fan! x




Power Welshcakes

On Saturday, I made lots of Welshcakes while listening to the Swans match on the radio.  I got the measurements a bit wrong and ended up with well over 100 of them!  Anyway, I tucked a few in my running belt and took them on my long run!  I'm sure with all the carbs, sugar and sultanas packed into those little cakes, my run was full of energy!

So that's my tip this week  - WELSHCAKES!



Have a lovely week,

Cerys...x

(oh, and the CLO capsules are still doing their magic - maybe I should put some in the Welshcakes!)

No comments:

Post a Comment